At Boost, we strive to avoid breaking changes to the API as we add or change platform features. However, sometimes breaking changes are unavoidable and for those situations we utilize our API versioning system. We’d like to introduce you to how this works and what it means for you.
What Constitutes a Breaking Change
The following can be considered breaking changes:
- Changing the name, type, or format of an existing attribute in an API request or response
- Removing an existing attribute from an API request or response
- Changing a workflow or order of operations for requests
- Changing the URL structure or format
The following are not breaking changes:
- Adding new attributes to an API request or response. Your system should expect and allow additions to API request or response schemas.
- Adding new endpoints, sub-endpoints, and workflows
Updated about 1 year ago